Choose Your Phone Number
You can transfer your number from another provider or select a new number. In either case, here’s what you should know:
- With a new phone number, you’ll have to choose your city and province to get an area code. You can also select the option to customize the last 4 digits of your number. Note that you can change your phone number once every 30 days after you’ve activated.
- When you transfer or port your phone number from another provider, you can keep your existing number. Before you do, here are some things you should know:
- Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
- You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
- Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
- Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:
|Mobile Phone Number Transfer||Landline Phone Number Transfer|
|Alternate Phone Number||Complete billing address|
|First and Last Name of the account holder||Alternate phone number|
|You’ll also need to provide one of the following: your old account number or your ESN/IMEI/MEID number or your account PIN||First and last name of the account holder|
- The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.
- If you don’t want to wait, you can select a new number when activating, and transfer your old number later.
- If you are transferring from a Koodo prepaid plan you will need to select a new number at activation, create a Community account, and then send a private message to our Moderator Team here to complete the transfer to Public Mobile.
- If you’ve waited more than 2 hours, and you’re still experiencing issues, you should contact our Moderator Team. Since you’re new to Public Mobile, this will be a 2-step process: